Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home is Where the Tangerine Shag Carpet Is








Less than 11 months ago I was a work hard play hard New Yorker living in a matchbox sized apartment with a bat shit crazy roomie and way too many pairs of shoes. Fast forward to the present and I am back in Rumford, RI with a ring on my finger, a mortgage on my first home and a new puppy on a hound-tooth leash. This blog will detail my journey as I adjust to life back in suburbia where restaurants close at 11, stores don’t deliver magazines or even liquor (gasp!), people apparently don’t walk their dogs in high heels and residents fail at the art of brunch. Follow me as my lovely Scottish fiancĂ© Alex and I try to turn our 1960’s decorated colonial into our dream home one knotty pine paneled room at a time.

Here's an idea of the house when we moved in. The kitchen was the color of mint chocolate chip ice cream which lovingly complimented the mustard yellow Formica that graced the counters. And lest we forget the breakfast nook with its glazed shredded wheat style backsplash. Words cannot describe…Unfortunately we don’t have pictures of the tangerine colored shag carpeting on the stairs or the wrought iron banister that matched the decorative gate leading to the literal man cave hidden in the basement but I trust you can imagine it cant you?






















































































1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new home. I love the bright sunny kitchen. Can't wait to watch you decorate!

    ReplyDelete